Finally Finished


"Sunflowers on Red"


This is the last piece being created for the Sunflower Festival this Saturday. I had a very detailed painting of my great grandfather's homestead outside of El Reno, Oklahoma started but decided I needed to work on something a little less time consuming to finish out my frames. This one went quickly since it comes from a study I did for the main street banner. I just used a different palette for the bright red background. It is larger than most of the other pieces so the scan isn't as sharp and I didn't want to spend oodles of time puzzling multiple scans together.


There are other pieces I haven't posted and I think the scans don't look as vivid as the finished work so I hope folks who view all of this newwork up - close and personal - will be pleased enough to want to take something home.

Comments

Popular Posts