FREEDOM


"Freedom"
6" x 7.5" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page
Original SOLD - Prints Available

It seemed fitting during Memorial Day to create a dictionary page drawing for the occasion.  I actually started this drawing while family was in the hospital but got to complete it afterwards.  It has a mat and frame waiting on it.

While in a larger town I was able to purchase a number of 12" x 12" frames for my originals in preparation for the upcoming Sunflower Art Festival next week.  I have already sold eight of my originals before the art show even starts so I've been busy planning and building new pages in this series.  I also spent a lot of time in my classroom cutting double mats.  To my shock and dismay, the custodial staff had already started moving my classroom furniture around so they can mop and wax my enormous room.  It took quite a bit of time to clear a path so I could work in my room for the afternoon.  I hope I can hold off the waxing until I finish getting everything framed.

This process has a few steps before I have the fun of actually drawing.  Last night I laid out about twenty new dictionary pages and distressed them with ink and watercolor washes.  After they are dry, I have to iron each page carefully since the old pages are even more fragile and slightly slick after being painted. 

This morning I organized my pages and started drawing away.  I can never predict what images will appeal most to buyers so I'm trying to build an inventory of lots of different subjects.

Time is running short.  The art festival is June 9th.

Comments

lharrisn said…
How can I get a print?
Hi there. Prints are available online at my etsy shop. Just visit www.etsy.com/shop/flyingshoes or hit the link at the top of my blog page.

Thank you for stopping by.
Kristy

Popular Posts