WING

"Wing"
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

It's been a fabulous month of family and travel but it's time to buckle down and build up an inventory for my art show the end of May.  My days have been spent with lesson plans, getting student work to and from area competitions and enjoying our Spring Break.  Trips included Oklahoma City, Amarillo and some time spent in Santa Fe.

I have been busy preparing pages to draw on and have had some commissions come my way.  I am also thrilled that my little Etsy shop continues to attract customers.  I decided to purchase a domain for my art studio and build an artist statement and resume for promoting my work to some big galleries.  So it's been a busy month even though I haven't posted much along the way.

Here is my latest dictionary drawing.  My students are obsessed with wings - fairy, bird, butterfly - you name it.  I see both boys and girls wearing wing charms, sporting wing tattoos and wing artwork on all their clothes.  Of course, my shoes are winged in my logo and for a while I used to include a little feather with my business card to go with my flying shoe name.

Be prepared for lots of new work to appear here and on my soon to be launched website.

Comments

Popular Posts