BEE ON LARGER BOOK PAGE

"Bee"
9" x 12" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

I am having a lot of fun revisiting some of my favorite subjects on the pages of a really old, larger, dictionary. Working on a larger surface gives me the opportunity to create more images on the page.  This book is exceptionally fragile and the pages are extremely thin much like the pages from a Bible.  I also love that some of the early pages in each section feature tab cutouts found on this page.

For this drawing I researched a variety of bees but as usual - after I studied different varieties I took off on my own without real regard to recreating specific types of insects.  I never knew there were so many different kinds of bees...I think I may have invented a few more.

Like many of it's brothers and sisters, this piece is heading for a frame and for my growing list of summer art shows and festivals.  

Comments

Popular Posts