LARGE HUMMINGBIRD

"Hummingbirds"
12" x 18" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Parchment

I am really busy preparing inventory for my New Mexico show.  I only have a week and half to get things finished, lettered and framed so my studio is a real mess.

On of the most popular subjects I draw on dictionary pages is a hummingbird.  This whole series started with a hummingbird drawing and I've sold an original hummingbird drawing at every show or event I've done.  This subject seems to be charmed in some way.  I am currently completing another, new, small hummingbird drawing but I decided I needed to up my game and create a large scale drawing of these fascinating birds.

I never knew there were so many colors and varieties of hummingbirds.  They come in all sizes and each have unique wings, tails and beaks.  I decided to capture some variety on a large sheet of antique parchment.

I'm off to work more in my studio.  My goal is to have 50 framed pieces and lots of prints ready for my Thanksgiving weekend show.

Comments

Popular Posts