WEAVE

Weave
6.5" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Collegiate Dictionary

This commission came from Santa Fe as a birthday gift for a weaver.  I have to admit this one was tricky and took quite a few photographs before I felt confident to recreate this floor loom.  Like so many challenges - I had no idea there were so many different types of looms and then I had no experience or understanding of how the darn things are threaded.

The customer was pleased.  Thank goodness.

I absolutely love this dictionary page.  I was thrilled when I found a page with so many great weaving references.  This particular book was very old and had string woven along the spine instead of glue.  The left hand margin of the page was very narrow and it took a bit of effort and slow going to get it out of the book.  I like the fact that the page was once "woven" into the book.

Comments

Popular Posts